Management of Diabetes
and Weight Loss.
No referral is needed.
Monday – Thursday
Diabetes Management Associates
Diabetes Management Associates, LLC provides comprehensive management of overweight, obesity, prediabetes and diabetes. Our well trained staff has more than a decade of experience. We are supportive of a busy lifestyle by providing flexible hours, telehealth, and easy access to appointments. The latest technology enhances onsite visits and allows for remote communication as well.
DMA tailors a plan to prevent diabetes. For those that are already diabetic, DMA can help you manage oral antidiabetic medications, insulin or other injectables, insulin pumps, continuous glucose sensors, and more.
We are passionate about giving our patients the tools needed to take CONTROL which means a longer and more productive life!
Knowledge is power. We strive to meet your education needs.
Medical Weight loss (MWL)
For those with prediabetes, overweight or obese, MWL can help by offering nutritional education, oral and injectable vitamin boosters, oral and injectable supplements, and weight loss medications.
Benefits Of Pre-Registering
About Dr. Julie Wood
- Began nursing in 1987 graduating from Columbia State Community College’s Registered nursing program.
- Received Master’s of Science in Nursing specializing as a Family Nurse Practitioner at Vanderbilt University in 1994.
- Worked in Family Practice for over 14 years.
- In 2008 graduated from the University of Tennessee’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program with emphasis on Diabetes in adults.
- For the past 10 years, have been working exclusively with adults with diabetes, most of whom are insulin dependent.
- Extensive experience with insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors.
- Manage all aspects of diabetes including evaluation, treatment, education and co-morbidities such as cardiovascular disease, lipid disorders, eye/kidney/nerve (neuropathy) diseases.
- Board Certifications:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Diabetes Management
- Advanced insulin pump trainer for Medtronic
- Insulin pump trainer for Omnipod
- Continuous glucose sensor trainer for Medtronic
- Continuous glucose sensor trainer for Dexcom
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
About Anna Markus
- In 2016, graduated from The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga with a Bachelor of Science in Biology, minoring in Chemistry.
- In 2019, graduated from Vanderbilt University with a Master of Science in Nursing specializing in Adult Gerontology Primary Care.
- Manages all aspects of diabetes including evaluation, treatment, education and co-morbidities such as cardiovascular disease, lipid disorders, eye/kidney/nerve (neuropathy) diseases.
- Certified Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner through American Association of Nurse Practitioners